Registered SLP with ACSLPA
Member of SAC (Speech and Audiology Canada)
As a pediatric SLP for the last 10 years I have worked with various school districts in pre-kindergarten to grade 9 classrooms. I am passionate about helping children find their voice and helping the adults around them become in tune to how best to support communication needs.
I believe in learning speech and language through play – incorporating activities into games and helping parents work them into their everyday lives.
As a mother of two active boys, I understand the demands of family life and how to motivate children in a fun and engaging way.
The following additional training helps me guide my practice to support your child and family:
- Hanen: It Takes Two to Talk Certification; More than Words Certification; Learning Language and Loving it Certification; Teacher Talk Certification; ABC and Beyond Certification
- ORPP: Orofacial Rest Posture Program for Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders and supporting appropriate rest posture for speech, swallowing, and dentition support
- Talk Tools TOT (tethered oral tissues) Assessment and Remediation
- Lidcombe Program for Early Intervention to Stuttering
- Introduction to PROMPT: Technique
- Additional training in motor speech with Dr. Meghan Hodge
- Rhymes that Bind Trainer certification
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) level I
- AAC research and experience with many different devices including PODD, LAMP, TouchChat, Proloquo2go
- Experience with ASL